Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ode to Life


Ode to Life

See, I bit life and life “bytes” me back;
I live in an electric green room full of 0s and 1s,
Where electricity dances like Wordsworth’s Daffodils;
I crave for the gray world of movies and TV;
To act like novice on stage, and to break into a “corpse”
I sit tightly in front of static signals to look for reminisces of Big Bang;
While I try to fine tune my analogue signals,
And to teleport QWERTY over Wi-Fi,
I play with myself: I kick football and pitch baseball onto bleeding walls;
I read the same sentence –
Which the Judge handed over to me through Orwellian tube –
From a blasphemous book over and over (and all);
I weep in the arms of digits, ISO letters and useless stats;
I salute flags, even of our sworn enemies;
I collect news clippings just to throw them into fire;
I empty and fill caskets with water;
I rearrange my room until everything is left broken;
I write extravagant worlds which mean nothing;
Far away my hell awaits me ‘With Arms Wide Open’,
For how great a life would be if one’s only noteworthy possession is a 100 Lira coin!
 2013-06-29

No comments:

Post a Comment