Friday, June 1, 2012

If I was a Girl


If I was a Girl

(For Pandora)
My brush-stroke innocence would have made people forget Mona Lisa,
My sleepy eyes would have made riders fall of their horses,
My intoxicating body would have killed warriors in Troy,
My smile would have marred the life of Anthony,
My finger tips would have created a new form of music,
And Zeus and Hercules would have fought over me,
For my beauty Edward would have abdicated his throne,
On my wish Genghis would have speared Baghdad,
Upon seeing me in the arms of slave,
King Shahryār would have killed himself,
I would have broken Joseph’s oath of virginity,
Michelangelo would have created only my sculptures,
Keats would have only written for me,
I wish I was a girl who plays with fire and loves ice!
2012-04-17

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Pandora's a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being the first one to comment. Pandora here is the Greek Mythological one not a real one. In reality realm dedicated to everyone who are proud to be women.

    ReplyDelete